Intimacy with Jesus is completely personal. It is not about your friends, neighbors or the person sitting next to you…it is completely personal – between you and Jesus. It can be easy to get comfortable and pull away from the Lord. But, He desires us to have total intimacy with Him in every area of our lives.
- No matter where you are I in life – God never repents of the gifts that He has placed within you. You can fall in your flesh – into prostitution, drugs, alcohol, addictions…God will never repent of that, He is forever faithful to mature all the gifts He placed in you – He is just waiting for you to step into them!
- You can be on fire for the Lord then ‘life’ can get a hold of you…TV, the internet, gossip from others. You start to place ‘guards up’ within your life. These can draw you farther and farther away from Him.
- We have to be careful that we do not become like the children of Israel. They went to the mountain and stood at the base of it while Moses went to the top and met with God Himself.
- Now through Jesus Christ we have the availability that Moses did. We no longer have to be satisfied by waiting at the bottom – running here and there to see and hear ever new speaker that comes to town. Now, we can boldly come to the very thrown of God Himself!
When Jesus rose from the grave He Himself tore the veil to the Holy of Holies…making it possible for us to enter – to have a one-on-one personal intimate relationship with Him!
Solomon (King David’s son) prayed for wisdom – he recognized that to be an effective leader he had to have wisdom from God. But what did his father King David constantly pray for…he said, [Psalms 27:4closePsalm 27:4
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in his temple. (ESV) NIV] ‘One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek, that I might dwell in the house of the Lord forever, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple’.
Matthew 6:33closeMatthew 6:33 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (ESV) NIV – Jesus speaking: “Seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- When you seek Him first you will not be consumed with all the other cares of life. If you consume your thoughts with His presence your needs will be met and you will know in your heart you have nothing to fear, no reason for anxiety – He will provide for your every need.
Many times we forget what the cost was to Jesus for Him to make available to us what we can enjoy freely today. No one has ever paid a higher price for anyone than He did for us.
While He was in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus prayed to His Father [Mark 14:34closeMark 14:34 34 And he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death. Remain here and watch.” (ESV) NIV] “My soul is overwhelmed to the point of death…” The pressure He was feeling was unbearable to the point of death! [verse 36 NIV] “Abba (Daddy) – everything is possible for you – take this cup from me. However, not my will but Your will be done.”
- Even though He was suffering to the very point of death His father’s will was more important than His own. He trusted Him beyond His own life.
Isaiah 53:10closeIsaiah 53:10
10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. (ESV) – (Amp) – “Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush Him….”
Those of us with children or grand-children; who of us, no matter the love we had for someone else, would be able to willingly sacrifice our child for them? But God did, because He loves us with a depth of love that we can only imagine!
Even though this was His only beloved son, He was willing to sacrifice Him to see many be able to come into fellowship with Him. What amount of love was present to be able to do that…His ONLY son! He gave all of this so that you and I could have intimacy with Him. That is the very definition of love!
If He was willing to do all this because He loves you; how much more do you think He longs to spend time with you?? He longs for your intimacy with Him; and through that time in intimacy everything in your lives will come into place, come into a clearer focus. In that place of Intimacy you will grow to trust Him beyond what you ever could have in the natural – He will become your source, in every area of your life.
Don’t read the Bible and long to be back in those times – walking beside Jesus as He taught. We have so much more available today!! Jesus, through His Holy Spirit, not only walks beside us but literally dwells within us!! We have so much more than the prophets of old. We can have a relationship that they could only dream of!
- But before we can enter into this intimacy with Jesus Christ we first have to repent of our sins. As we come before him with a contrite heart He forgives us and wraps us in His love, forgiving our every sin and allowing us to enter into that intimate relationship that He gave His life for!
There is no greater love than His love for us. He is waiting for you to come to Him…come.